Friday, September 23, 2005

No more to give......................

I have reached the end. Not really sure what to do. How do you love someone so much and not know how to make it better. How do I take my daughter this precious spirit that has been given to me and make all the madness go away. Her teacher called yesterday. Three weeks into school and the teacher is not able to cope, she is frustrated and needed to know if I was aware of all the issues Ry has to face. Aware? Me? Painfully so. I feel like I have turned every stone, climbed every mountain and yet no closer to where I need to be. We barricaded her in her room until 9pm and Josh sat with her and force fed her the work. I lost it with him. He was patient and kind but I lost it unable to put her through anymore. At 9pm she collapsed in my arms begging to go to sleep because she just could not anymore. To tired to even brush her own teeth. I carried her around like when she was a baby, brushed her teeth, held her tight telling her how proud of her I was and how much I love her. How do I subject my child to all of this? By nmorning the information was all gone. 6:30am we started all over again. I have been up all night. I don't know where else to go or what else to do. I am grateful she has the teacher that she has, I think she is in capable hands. I need to find help for her and I just have no where else to go. The kind caring face, the trusting eyes and me, I have nothing to offer, and no more to give.

2 Comments:

Blogger Groovy Nutter said...

Hey Tam, u sound like u seriously need to take a huge step back chines. You need to re-assess how you came to be where u are right now. The problems you are having with Ry are merely solutions waiting to be found.

Know this... schools have tremendous expectations of children, they judge them according to a group grid. Each child has its own unique developement pattern and, no matter how hard they are pushed, coached or begged, will only absorb when they are individually ready.

Consider sending her to a montessori or waldorf based school if available. There they "follow the child" as apposed to the child "following the curriculum"

Thats the first thing. The second thing is this... I dont know which is more relevant but, I had HUGE problems with Sash when she was younger at school. I was, from when she was 8 weeks old, "a full time working mommy" Then I started doing nails, and dictating my own hours which meant, I wasnt too tired to pay attention to her, I was there to fetch her from school, to take her to school, to spend time doing her homework with her, to just be more "present" in her life than I had been. From about that time, she began to improve dramatically, wether she was just "ready" to get the school work at the same time i dont know but I do know that I made some sacrifices but chose to become an active participant in her life.

She is flying now and although she is still in the lowest stream at school...she is at the top of her class.

Take from this wot u will chines... there are no wrong or right answers ever. Maybe she doesnt need another person on the payroll, maybe...she just needs more of you?

yades

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

It sounds to me as though your little one is out of balance. The human body is a delicate thing and sometimes it needs help to return to a normal state.

There is a type of Doctor called a Kinesiologist that I highly recommend both you and you daughter visit.

They use something called Muscle Testing to find out what is going on in your body. No fasting required! and no invasive needles or anything like that. You lie down on a little couch and hold your arm up. They press on it and test the function of your organs, glands and also other important things like mineral levels and emotions as well. When they find a problem with your other hand, the arm they are pressing on goes floppy.

I know it sounds crazy and until I went and did it, I had no idea if it was going to really work.

It was incredible. He diagnosed several things that my own medical doctor just couldn’t or wouldn’t help with. I will give you one example, I was having to go to the loo frequently and it was becoming a problem as I would often have to get up twice in the night, (although I actually had not identified this as a problem, I just assumed I was drinking too much water at night) anyway my Kinesiologist discovered my kidneys were letting fluid down at different times. He prescribed Gelsemium drops and when I went to my next appointment I was completely healed.

There were many other things he is helping me with as well, including a serious magnesium deficiency that was leading rapidly to diabetes. My medical doctor would only have been able to diagnose me once I actually had diabetes, and who wants that!! Then of course my medical doctor would have treated me with drugs for diabetes and not for magnesium deficiency, therefore never solving the actual root cause of the disease.

Here in New Zealand it costs about $120 (around the same price as a specialist) for an appointment and usually there are a few medications he/she will prescribe for you. Usually the medications are $20 to $30 a bottle (like vitamins etc).

I really hope you look into it as it offers a whole new avenue of hope and help :) when sometimes you feel like you have reached the end of the road where medical doctors can only prescribe drugs, instead of healing the body.

If you want to know more please feel free to email me, Nicola_leith@yahoo.com.au or there is a heap of info on the net about Kinesiology.

There are 2 kinds of Kinesiologists though, you want the one that does muscle testing not the Sports kind.

Love and support to you,

Nikki

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home