Frustrated, Angry and Afraid
Pretty much describes where I am at in my Ryan saga. We have spend a whole year having this poor kid poked and prodded by the medical community, self proclaimed healers and some others who fall in between. Not one of these so called professionals suggested taking her to a neurologist, until I had my marathon huck session with an allergist, who was so kind, so sweet, took 45 minutes to talk to me, without seeing me, without charging me. Only he suggested it. A year later. Seems like poor Ryan has been having seizures, not sure how many, not sure how often. Steven Weiss, the allergist suggested I take her to a pediatric neurologist who was great, what an approachable real man. He tested her and has her signed up for a 24 hour monitor which will be put on, on Monday morning, followed by an MRI the following week. It was so frustrating as he has done a lot of work with one of the so called specialists that we took her to for months. Here this jerk charged us $300 an hour that was not covered by health insurance and he never once mentioned us taking this route.
I find the doctors here seem to lack direction, unless I tell them what I want they follow a certain procedure and nothing else. We have spent an untold fortune on wild goose chases, put the kid through hell, I must say this year has been one of the hardest. Having to put my child through so much has been so horrendous, she has been a trooper. Here I am the parent, she thinks I know everything and I am just leading her blindly down a path that I do not know.
I find the doctors here seem to lack direction, unless I tell them what I want they follow a certain procedure and nothing else. We have spent an untold fortune on wild goose chases, put the kid through hell, I must say this year has been one of the hardest. Having to put my child through so much has been so horrendous, she has been a trooper. Here I am the parent, she thinks I know everything and I am just leading her blindly down a path that I do not know.


2 Comments:
I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this journey must be for u. As a mother I certainly can relate to the harsh realities that life can sometimes render us, the "protectors" helpless in defense of the path our children have to travel. Sometimes we get to hold their hand, sometimes we get to hold their little bodies, sometimes, our love alone can heal their pain...if only that were enough...for it is ALL the time that we would carry their hardships if that were truly possible.
Sheesh Yades we missed you. Welcome back to cyberspace. Thanks for the understanding and support.
Post a Comment
<< Home