Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dr. Jerk Part 2

Well he kept me waiting for a week and a half for results, because I dared to question him. I knew in my heart of hearts that he had checked them before his vacation and in the few days since his return, I also knew there was nothing of major concern on the test or he would have called. No American Dr wants to risk a lawsuit. I finally got hold of him after endless messages, he said there were no seizures but she has spikes on the left side of her brain which may lead to seizures. We ended up taking her for an MRI on Friday.

This poor kid was not allowed to eat any solids, they told me she could have ice pops, apple juice, applesauce, water and clear gatorade until two hours before the anesthetic. Then she could have nothing at all not even water. So poor Ry was so good (as usual), begged me twice for something to drink. When I spoke to the woman at admittance she said that she was not allowed to have eaten anything not even applesauce - so she had to wait another 3 hours for the applesauce to digest - 5 hours, no water, nothing!!!! Poor kid. My mom and I took her for some retail therapy to get her mind off her thirst and hunger. My mom bought her high heels (oy vey heaven help us) and her and I hit the toystore for some more Polly Pockets.

They finally sedated her, did the MRI and I had to carry her to recovery, sheesh she flt like 100lbs not 55lbs. She clung to me like when she was a baby and held on for dear life. The whole day she had begged for pizza, and I had agreed to let her have it afterwards, it is on her list of restricted food and she knew the cheese was out of the question. After about an hour and a half later we left, we were driving home and she said lets stop for Pizza. I told her that I did not think it was a great idea but I would order one in for her later if she still wanted it after a more sensible snack. She reminded me as kids always do, but mom she said, you always told me a promise is a promise, and you promised me. Parked in front of the pizza store. She could not even walk in a straight line she was still so drugged, I swear if she was older people would think she was drunk!!! She scoffed THREE slices of pizza and was just fine - the remarkable resilience of kids!!!!! She is a remarkable girl with a strength and wisdom that I don't often see in adults. Hopefully all will be clear and she can go back to being a kid who is just a kid!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It angers me to speak of this Dr and Ryan in the same space, but this story sickens me. While I know one should pick their battles, I think if there was any way of having this man slapped on the wrist (which is at worst what he would get) then that is what should be done. How dare he play G-d like this - I think it is shameful and a manifestation of much that is so wrong with so much here.

Kol ha ka vod to Ryan.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a shmuck of note - will leave hiim once we have completed the tests as I don't want to subject her to having to repeat the tests again.

Thanks for your support, really appreciate it!!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home